Beginning a diet to lose weight and improve health is a worthy goal, but it can be a bit overwhelming. There are bound to be challenged whenever you start something new, especially when it involves something you do several times each day — like eating and drinking.
Still, as long as you don’t try to change everything at once, you can meet your weight loss goals. Read on to learn some secrets of the masters — those who have lost weight and, more importantly, kept it off. After all, what good is losing the extra weight if you gain it right back?

 

1. Follow a Healthy Eating Plan

You should include foods you enjoy along with plenty of healthy, not-too-processed foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy, lean meats, seafood, beans, and nuts. Thanks to their ability to satisfy, these low-calorie foods will actually help you stick to your diet. The most satisfying foods have lots of fiber (like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, and nuts) and/or low-fat protein (found in meat, fish, dairy, and soy).

Ideally, you’ll slowly wean yourself off favorite foods that are heavily processed and high in sugar or calories, and replace them with more nutritious options. At any time during this process, feel free to come up with a new eating plan that increases some healthful foods and decreases others.

 

2. Take Baby Steps

Change is hard. Making small, gradual changes in your eating patterns is the best way to overhaul your diet. Some experts suggest making just one change each week, to give you time to get used to the new behavior. Your ultimate goal is to establish new eating habits that can be sustained for a lifetime.
An excellent way to start is to stock your refrigerator with healthy foods, and plan to prepare healthier meals at home. Pick up a new cookbook or cooking magazine specializing in healthy cuisine if needed.

 

3. Get a Buddy

Support is an essential part of a successful weight loss program. Enlist a family member; find a friend to join you in your walks or workouts. These people will become a source of inspiration, support, and encouragement on a regular basis — and especially when the going gets tough.

 

4. Track Your Meals

Successful losers know how important it is to document what and how much they eat. The simple act of writing it down is a powerful tool that can help keep you in control.

 

5. Add Exercise

Eating healthfully and cutting calories is only half the formula for successful weight loss. Getting regular physical activity is the other portion. An exercise is a powerful tool, helping you burn calories and increase strength, balance, and coordination while reducing stress and improving your overall health.

6. Track Your Meals

Successful losers know how important it is to document what and how much they eat. The simple act of writing it down is a powerful tool that can help keep you in control.

 

7. Reward, Don’t Punish

To keep motivation high, reward yourself after reaching mini goals. After all, losing 5 pounds or making it to the gym five times in a week deserves a pat on the back.
On the other hand, don’t be too hard on yourself when you fall off the wagon — everyone does, sooner or later. Anticipate that slipups will happen, and when they do, just brush yourself off and get right back on track. Use your slipup to learn where you are vulnerable, and decide how you will handle the situation the next time without abandoning your diet. My suggestion is to try to do your best 80% of the time and relax the rules somewhat the other 20% of the time.

I hope this was helpful to give you some basic guidance. For more info about dieting, training and supplements visit www.biocorpllc.com

?

Sign up for special Biocorp offers, news, and new products!



Sign Up Now
Cart Item Removed. Undo
  • No products in the cart.

Subscribe and get 10% your first order!

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.

You have successfully subscribed. Your signup 10% DISCOUNT CODE is SIGNUPFOR10 . Thanks!

Subscribe and get 10% your first order!

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.

You have successfully subscribed. Your signup 10% DISCOUNT CODE is SIGNUPFOR10 . Thanks!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This